hello this is Christopher with inmotion hosting continuing in our cpanel series I'm going to show you how to set up some email filters this video we're going to go through the filter creation process with the paper lantern theme so go ahead and login to cpanel scroll down to the email section click on email filters here you'll see filters by users and you'll see the accounts all listed choose the email account you want to apply the filter to and click manage filters click create a new filter give the filter a name that will help you identify it later if you need to edit it and once you've given the filter a name you'll go down to the rules section and this is the important section where you can add the rules that you're going to apply to this particular filter under the filter rules you can apply different rules to different email addresses or sets of email addresses for this example I'm going to block emails from a sender called Johnny sender at inmotion hosting com so i'll put the email address under the rules here so i'm setting this rule that anything from this email address and i can leave it as equals or even change it to contains i'll leave it at equals so anything from this email address will be subject to the actions here i'm going to choose to discard the message and when you're satisfied click create and the filter is created you can click return to the filters list if you want to see if your filter works you can test it right here I'll put the Johnny sender email address and the from field and then click test filter and if everything was set up correctly you should see the notification saying the filters match the following conditions no other deliveries will occur and that's how you set up filters in the sea panels paper lantern theme thanks for watching if you enjoyed this video you may like and subscribe below if you have any suggestions for future videos feel free to leave a comment thank you do you know the inmotion hosting support center has thousands of articles pictures and video tutorials to help you out with your web hosting questions something for everyone from beginners to experts join our community and sign up with your facebook or google+ for free swag prizes and discounts visit our support center at inmotion hosting com support .
– Log into cpanel
– Scroll down to the eMail Section
– Click on email filters
– cPanel recommends using many small email rules instead of trying to use one big one.
– We will use a specific email address because that is surely a small enough rule to make the filter work
– Choose the email account you want to apply the filter to, click Manage Filters
– Create a new filter
– Give a filter a name to help you identify it later if you should need to.
– The Rules are the important part, where you can start making some important restrictions on what comes into this mailbox.
– For example here I'll block emails from a sender called firstname.lastname@example.org.
– If you want to see if your filter works you can test it in the Filter test field.
– I will put the johnnysender email address in the From: field.
– You should see success in the "The Filter has matched the following condition(s):" message at the top
Now you know how to set up email filters in the cPanel paper lantern theme. Go and do the likewise.